My Dad and Alan started to paint. The old owners didn’t move things that were heavy when they repainted before selling, so this space here used to be two colours. At least the old owners left the paint for us. The kitchen was also two colours, and we didn’t really care for either, so we painted it, too.
Other Friday things:
- we made a second trip to Home Depot for new locks, kitchen paint, and a few other things
- we painted until about 11:30 pm, with my parents leaving about 5 and a work friend helping in the evening
- I had to be back for appliance delivery by 7 am. Boo.
Apparently this is where I stopped taking pictures for the day.
Other Saturday stuff:
- we made one big trip for stuff in Alan’s co-worker’s SUV. Lots of stuff showed up. The book mountain grew and sprouted DVD foothills in other rooms
- none of the locks fit right.
- we made a third trip to HD to return the locks and get better ones. And rent a drill.
I put the kitchen back together and started putting some things in cupboards. The stuff mountain in the living room grew. Some cabinets got new handles and I made a I don’t knowth trip to Home Depot for a vacuum because the dog fur isn’t going away without a fight. I removed large piles of dog fur while Alan put on new locks and wouldn’t let me help play with the drill. We are tired. Oh and we got cupcakes from the neighbours.
So that’s where we are at the moment. For the rest of this week, I will probably load my car with stuff in the morning and drop it off on my way to work, as I work very close to the new house. I’m going to try and run the vacuum at least a couple more times before the move in the hopes of locating all this pet fur. We have a couple of painting bits left to do in the kitchen. Furniture comes in on Saturday and we promise to feed all of our friends who come to help load and unload the UHaul.
I’m going to take a nap.